It all started a little over 1 year ago.
A little history is necessary:
- I started my nail career using Porce-A-Glaze. Let me tell you, this was the best: strong, never yellowed and never lifted...unless the manicurist didn't know how to apply the stuff. After 9 years the product started yellowing...badly. Called the company and they tried to tell me it was having the liquid dish to close to the powder dish. Huh? (I found out later that the company had been sold, not once but twice. The product had been changed!).
- After trying different products I settled on Creative Nail Design's Solar Nail product. I did a little mixing of powders as I found CND alone to be slightly brittle. I was happy...not as good as I was used to but it was close.
- Sometime ago I tried CND's Radical acrylic liquid but found too many clients becoming sensitive to the product. So back to the Solar Nail Liquid.
- About 3 years ago I began hearing that CND was going to discontinue the Solar Nail Liquid. I started buying it up. Sadly my supply finally ran out.
- I switched to CND's Retention. Worked well and I was happy. That is until clients started to complain about burning, itching skin for a couple of days after their fill. Not 1 or 2 but 12 clients!!!! AND 3 of them had to take the acrylic nails off as the reaction was so bad. (In the past 26 years normally 1 client every 2-3 years became sensitive to the product and had to stop getting acrylic nails)
- I emailed the company and got a call. Basically...I was doing it wrong. The liquid cannot touch the skin as it had more chemicals. Hmmm. One slight problem - I was becoming allergic to the product too. Far too caustic!!!!! Not acceptable to my standards.
- So my search began...